Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Detour Iraq

This blog isn't about international politics but I just came across this blog from a soldier in Iraq and I thought that it was worth sharing. We aren't getting these viewpoints back here in the states. From his post today.

"Every day over here in Iraq I get up and put my uniform and body armor on. I wear the U.S. Flag on my right shoulder next to my combat patch. I earned the right to wear this uniform and I "earned" that combat patch during the invasion of Iraq in 2003. Each day that goes by it gets harder to hold my head high while wearing that uniform over here in Iraq. It gets harder and harder as we learn more of the truth behind this war. How many died because of these "lies" as Mr. Galloway calls them. How many have I killed because of them?"

http://misoldierthoughts.blogspot.com/