Saturday, April 02, 2005

It wasn't me baby...

Anyone remember the old Eddie Murphy skit about the guy getting caught coming out of another woman's house and then being confronted by his wife. "I saw you coming out of her house!"...."it wasn't me baby". Mayor Jennings does. Or at least his aide Joe Rabido does. From the TU:

"Around 10 p.m. Wednesday night Jennings was seen driving south on Lark Street in his black SUV past the Old World Wine Bar. The driver's side window was down. And there was the mayor, cellphone to his ear, according to four women outside the bar.
Jennings aide Joe Rabito insisted the mayor wasn't chatting and driving. Jennings might have been in that area Wednesday, he said, but had his police driver, Det. Joe Shanahan, and "he wasn't at the wheel."

I'm thinking Joe might want to work on his Jedi mind trick as well as copping lines from Eddie because I think I'm going to go with the "four witnesses spying something is more reliable than one "aide" denying something" theory. If that makes me a naysayer, so be it.