Saturday, April 02, 2005

Hillary and Mayor Jennings

While I can’t get John Kerry to stop sending me e-mail these days, apparently my own Senator Hillary Clinton is a little too busy to let me know when she’s in town. Unannounced trip to Albany? Why so hush hush, Senator? From Inside Politics:

“U.S. Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, D-NY, quietly swung through town Thursday night to help Jennings raise money for his re-election effort…”

I guess Hillary forgot that Jerry endorsed Pataki a while back and that he likes to raise money for John Sweeney (R-NY). Or, more likely, she doesn’t care about anything but money and power. Let’s do the math:

“The event was held at the soon-to-open Angelo's 677 Prime restaurant on Broadway.”

677 Broadway is the location of the new office building built by Columbia Development.

Columbia built the building there because the city gave them the land for free.

Columbia is a known contributor to Mayor Jennings political campaigns.

I guess the only question is how much is Columbia giving Hillary?

As if there weren’t enough reasons to not have another Bush or Clinton as President. Hopefully someone other than Nader will run in ’08 so I can at least vote for someone. I like voting.