Friday, March 11, 2005

"I Lied, I Apologize..If It Costs Me My Job..."

"I lied. I apologize. ... If it costs me my job, so be it"

That is what the Albany Police Chief said on Tuesday of this week.

But guess what? It hasn't cost him a damn thing! This is Albany. Who cares if the Police Chief is a liar and conducts illegal investigations of innocent civilians? Apparently not the media in Albany. And what does Mayor Jennings have to say? Nothing. Apparently he doesn't think this is even worthy of a comment. The Chief even knew this was something that should "cost me my job". We all know it. But the only people that can do a damn thing about it are named Turley and Jennings and they probably will be kicking back for beers somewhere later today and laughing about the whole thing. Want to be above the law? Get elected.