Saturday, January 22, 2005

Welcome to Creative Financing with The Patakis

Ringing PHONE in ROOM with GOVERNOR PATAKI. GOVERNOR answers:

PATAKI: Hello

VOICE: Hi, Governor. It's Cendant.

PATAKI (excited): Satan! How are you?!

VOICE: Not Satan, Cendant...the huge corporate holding company.

PATAKI: Oh, what can you do for me?

CENDANT: We want to give you money...how much would you like?

PATAKI: Well, the law says you can only give me $5,000.

CENDANT: Governor?

PATAKI: Ha, I just say that in case Spitzer's people are listening. How about you hire my wife as a consultant?

CENDANT: What does she do?

PATAKI: Ha! Good one. I like you guys.

CENDANT: How about $55,000 through one of our subsidaries. Anyone else need a job?

PATAKI: How about you send another $25,000 to my PAC down in Virginia?

CENDANT: Done.

PATAKI: And send some of your employees to my Help George Pataki site. It's self explanatory.

CENDANT: Nice doing business with you....I mean helping you out Governor.

PATAKI: Right. If you ever need anything, just give me a call.

See the full list of donors that are bypassing New York's campaign donation limits.